If you have questions or would like to receive information about future auditions, please provide us with your email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to usher opportunities (see below), we have other volunteer opportunities arise throughout the year. Please check back for listings. If you are interested in being added to our volunteer database, please email email@example.com.
We are always looking for ongoing administrative volunteers.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
INTERIM AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT CURATOR
San Diego Repertory Theatre seeks an interim Audience Engagement Curator for our upcoming production season. This is a full-time, 40 hour a week position. This is a fixed term contract of approximately four months, beginning in June 2018 and concluding in September 2018 with possible extension into October. Hours are generally 9AM-5PM, with some evening and weekend hours expected. The Audience Engagement Curator reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and will be responsible for San Diego REP’s art galleries and Engagement Events during the time of the contract. The Audience Engagement Curator enhances audience engagement through the creation and coordination of art gallery displays, exhibitions, activities, and events that are in the spirit of The REP’s production season. The Audience Engagement Curator is responsible for managing Engagement Events, the Lyceum Galleries, and miscellaneous Marketing Department projects.
• Research, coordinate, and manage Engagement Events including panel discussions, musical performances, gallery openings, and other pre- and post-show events
• Manage the production of the Engagement Events brochure for each play
• Attend meetings with the Audience Engagement Curator and Community Partnerships Ambassador
• Assist with and coordinate installations and de-installations in the Upper and Lower Galleries
• Work 2-3 engagement events per production. This includes helping to set up tables and chairs, technical requirements like microphones, monitoring food and beverage stations, and engaging with patrons and event participants
• Help create social media content for Engagement Events and the Galleries
• Copy editing for Marketing Department materials
• Act as Department point person for weekly staff meeting
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be at least 21+
• Have reliable transportation
• Be available some evenings and weekends
• A strong interest in the arts, audience engagement, non-profits, event coordination
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Experience working in non-profits or arts organizations desired
• Must be able to effectively interact with a wide variety of people and organizations
• Must be able to work under stress of meeting deadlines and changing priorities
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills; Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• IT competent; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent time management skills with ability to manage several projects concurrently
• Ability to organize and maintain detailed records; sensitivity to handling confidential
• Previous gallery experience, art display, or preparator work a plus
• Experience with video editing a plus, but not required
• Spanish speaking a plus
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The job regularly requires the employee to sit for long periods of time, work mostly indoors but sometimes outside, as well as walk, climb or balance, crouch, and stoop. The position requires the climbing of multiple staircases and the use of ladders.
Mobility and sensory capability required for the organization of events, computer utilization, telephone access and communication, and in person meetings. Physical demands include, but are not limited to: event set-up operations like moving tables and chairs; lifting boxes up to 40 lbs; climbing stairs; sitting; walking. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Indoor work environment is climate controlled and has moderate noise levels; open office.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references to:
Audience Engagement Curator
San Diego Repertory Theatre
79 Horton Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
Or email to email@example.com
Please no phone calls or walk-in inquiries.
Important. Please read:
San Diego REPertory Theatre is happy to accept scripts from agents and theater professionals with whom we have an existing relationship. In general, we no longer accept unsolicited scripts from unrepresented writers. However, we continue to offer an open submission policy for plays and musicals from Latino(a) writers across the country because we are committed to supporting today’s Latino(a) voices. In addition, local writers residing in the Southern California area may submit a query letter about their new work that includes a current email contact and:
- A brief biography of your writing history, noting awards and production history
- A paragraph about why your play is a good match for the San Diego REP
- A one-page synopsis of the play including number of cast, genre & run-time
For musicals, please also include a CD with sample songs from the score
Our six show season can include full-length plays, musicals with a small cast and band, solo pieces, and adaptations performed on one of two stages (250-500 seats) for about 4 weeks. Past programming has highlighted voices of the Latino, African-Americans, and Jewish communities. Before submitting, please make sure that your script is aligned with our mission. It is also advised that you attend some of our productions to become more familiar with our sensibility.
If we are interested, we will contact you to request a copy of the full script within a few months.
San Diego REPertory Theatre
79 Horton Plaza
San Diego, CA 92101
- Shows: 2018-2019
- Nathan Gunn FLYING SOLO
- The 25th Annual Lipinsky Family San Diego Jewish Arts Festival Gala
- Elon Gold: Pro-Semite, An Evening of Comedy with Elon Gold
- The 17th Annual Klezmer Summit
- The Ancient Law (Das alte Gesetz) With Live Score performed by Donald Sosin and Alicia Svigals
- 9th Annual Women of Valor
- Teatro Punto y Coma present The Mudanza, An Unapologetic Bilingual Play
- In Every Generation
- From Rags to Riches! A Musical Journey with Jacquelyne Silver
- Perla Batalla in The House of Cohen
- Losing the Nobel Prize
- Andy Statman: An American Musical Treasure
- Fun Home
- A Dolls House, Part 2
- Hershey Felder, Beethoven
- Special Events
- Lyceum Events
- Buy Tickets